Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail
Part-Time: 15 hours per week, future potential to increase hours, if desired
Work Days: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm Monday-Friday (exact times and days negotiable)
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour
Location: Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail Office, Traverse City
To Apply: Send resume to Lorri Schreiber, Executive Director, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enhance the overall effectiveness of the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail by offering direct administrative support to:
• Executive Director, Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail
• Marketing and Event Coordinator, Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail
• President, Traverse Wine Coast
• Welcome members and guests by greeting them in person, via email or on the telephone in a positive, helpful and friendly manner.
• Assist members and guests in a friendly, helpful positive manner and with any tasks that are feasible and appropriate.
• Provide effective communication with members, guests and partners and maintain positive relationships.
• Offer fantastic customer service at all times as customer service is key in our industry.
• Postal Mail: Handle all incoming and outgoing mail including envelopes and packages.
• Phone Log: Handle incoming phone calls, manage phone log and return all calls feasible and appropriate. Calls should be returned the same day or within 24 hours.
• Email: Handle incoming emails. Emails should be returned the same day or within 24 hours whenever feasible. Star emails that require action. Handle starred emails whenever feasible and appropriate.
• Create and distribute agendas and other materials deemed necessary by the President. • Send email reminder and agenda for upcoming meetings at least two (2) days prior.
• Prepare room and other needs and supplies for meetings.
• Create meeting minutes and distribute via email for approval (after approved by ExecutiveDirector) within two (2) weekdays of the meeting.
• Keep organized files of agendas and minutes in Google docs.
• Field media inquiries and route to President or other appropriate contacts.
• Assist with the administration execution of several events.
• Manage logistics, follow planning process and deadlines, as determined, for events.
Desired Software Skills: Google Docs, WordPress, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks
Desired Characteristics: Effective Writing and Communication Skills, Very Organized, Self-Motivated, Flexible, Computer and Internet Savvy, Social Skills, Team Player, Positive, Friendly, Helpful, Honest
Leelanau Cellars Tasting Room & Winery
Tasting Room Associate
Location: Leelanau Cellars Tasting Room & Winery, 5019 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena, MI 49674
Under the general direction of and the direct supervision of the Marketing Director or Tasting Room Manager, the Tasting Room Associate is responsible for efficiently and effectively promoting the sale of wine and non-wine products through customer service and providing consumers with a meaningful wine tasting and experience. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Two to four-year college degree preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
- Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- This is a full-time position: 40hr/week
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience
- Bonus/ Commission
- Benefits including: dental, insurance, medical, vacation
Aurora Cellars Cellar Assistant
Join the most innovative team around! Yes, we mean You. In the Cellar. This opportunity could be yours. Don’t wait, we’re looking for an ambitious, bright person for an entry-level position with our cellar staff!
We are looking for someone to assist in our cellar production. The position requires great attention to detail, good communication skills, and the ability to handle the physical demands of long days of cellar work. The ideal candidate should have a relentlessly positive attitude and be eager to learn a wide array of tasks. The cellar team is a small group of people who must all work as a cohesive unit to accomplish the creation of quality products.
Responsibilities will be assisting cellar crew in all tasks including, but not limited to; cleaning equipment and storage vessels, movement of products, kegging, bottling products, warehousing, labeling, organizing cellar space, and most importantly, maintaining cleanliness of production facilities.
Operation of heavy machinery will occasionally be required as well as the ability to handle moderate weights (up to 50lbs).
Previous experience: not required, nor frowned upon.
Pay is hourly with up to 40 hours/week available. Pay will be discussed upon inquiry
This is an entry-level position ideal for someone looking to enter into the wine industry or someone simply looking to broaden their personal skill set.
Send inquiries and/or resume to: