Interested in working in Leelanau Peninsula’s thriving wine industry? Here are current opportunities:
Ciccone Vineyard & Winery
Tasting Room and/or Event Team Members
Ciccone Vineyard & Winery Team Members must be customer service focused, hard-working, able to stay cool under pressure in our fast-paced environment and be willing to go above and beyond for the customer. An idyllic team member is able to adapt quickly to different types of people and situations, able to learn and retain new wines and products, be a team-player and get along with co-workers, and should have a fun and outgoing personality. Event team members must be willing to work most Saturdays, lift and move tables/chairs, make last-minute changes, and enjoy weddings. We are seeking permanent part time members willing to work 2-3 days a week with flexible scheduling and crossing over between both departments. Applicants must be willing to work weekends, holidays and be able to lift 25 pounds. We pay an hourly wage plus tips. If you have an interest in wine, would like to learn more about our growing industry, enjoy meeting new people, would like to promote this wonderful area that we get to call home, or just looking for additional income, we would like to talk to you.
Please call 231.271.5553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview.
Assistant Tasting Room Manager
Assistant Tasting Room Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the Laurentide tasting room. Ideal candidate will be a representative of our award winning brand, directly converting visitors into returning customers creating an unparalleled wine tasting experience in Northern Michigan. Generating sales and meeting club goals will be of primary importance in succeeding in this role. Potential for career growth into the Tasting Room Manager role based on performance.
- Flexible work schedule including weekends
- Committed, reliable and trustworthy
- Wine knowledge or equivalent passion
- Hospitality training or retail experience
- Marketing experience/ Social media skills
- Superb verbal and written communicator
- Basic computer skills
- Agile, enthusiastic, innovative team leader
- 21 years or older
- Ability to lift 35 lb. cases of wine repeatedly
- Repeated motions such as bending and standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to setup & takedown tables and other equipment for tasting room events
- Ability to assist moving large amounts of wine cases into/out of storage
- Full time position of 40 hours/week
- Revenue based Bonus incentive
- Pay commensurate with level of experience
- Employee discount program
- Health care subsidy
56 S French Rd, Lake Leelanau
References & resume are required. Email: email@example.com
Please contact Susan Braymer at (231) 994-2147
Location: Boathouse Vineyards, 115 St Mary’s Street, Lake Leelanau, MI 49653
Tasting Room Staff
2-3 year-round employees: 1-2 days per week including Saturdays and Sundays and Holidays. Computer skills a plus.
1 summer employee: June-August. Full time. Computer skills a plus.
Leelanau Cellars Tasting Room & Winery
Location: Leelanau Cellars Tasting Room & Winery, 5019 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena, MI 49674
Tasting Room Associate
Under the general direction of and the direct supervision of the Marketing Director or Tasting Room Manager, the Tasting Room Associate is responsible for efficiently and effectively promoting the sale of wine and non-wine products through customer service and providing consumers with a meaningful wine tasting and experience. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Two to four-year college degree preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
- Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- This is a full-time position: 40hr/week
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience
- Bonus/ Commission
- Benefits including: dental, insurance, medical, vacation
Verterra Winery Tasting Room Team Members
Verterra Winery is looking for new team members to work for the 2019 season. Starting in April/May into mid December. Team members will work a variety of jobs and locations. Including at our tasting room in Leland, at our wedding venue assisting and hosting weddings, and during the summer at our tasting terrace at the Ridge in Northport. Please contact Ann or Paul at 231-256-2115
Black Star Farms
Black Star Farms has future opportunities for talented, enthusiastic, hard working people. If you are looking to join a dynamic, growing team, please check back with us in March 2019. Resort and hospitality experience preferred, but not necessary, we will train. Fill out our online application here or email your cover letter and resume to Black Star Farms Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person.
Amoritas Vineyards is seeking a Manager for their Tasting Room in beautiful Lake Leelanau!
We are a young, family-owned business forging our way in a fun and exciting industry, looking to ‘expand our family’ to include someone with dedication and ambition.
The Tasting Room (TR) Manager is a Full-Time position with major Career opportunities and great long-term benefits that include Revenue Sharing, IRA matching & vesting, and Affordable Healthcare options.
- An appreciation (or passion) for wine.
- A background in sales/hospitality/marketing that has an emphasis on human interaction.
- High School Degree/Equivalency
- 2+ years of management over some level of staff.
- Previous Tasting Room experience is preferable but not required.
- An overall desire to grab the position and grow/learn with our company.
How to apply:
If these details and an annual salary of $30-35K resonate with you, please email a sample of writing about your experience in and love for wine (approximately 200 words) and resume to: email@example.com
Good Harbor Vineyards
Good Harbor Vineyards is looking for part-time tasting room help.